Today I spoke to Lauren Ramsey of Chefs Coast to Coast podcast
Lauren is a community builder and a story teller.
She talks to chefs in Houston and Chicago and gives them the opportunity for them to share what they know and also a recipe for her audience.
- Lauren started with blog called Lauren United and she shared what was going on in Houston
- then she developed her social media agency Betsy Bash
- She then moved to chicago
- and her podcast bloomed
Her challenges in podcasting:
- getting started was the hardest
- recording quality was the hardest
- zencaster- works sometimes here and there
- have backups for recording: Skype, FaceTime
- ecamm recorder for FaceTime
Benefits for biz:
- She had a background for radio
- She has her own show and she can do what she wants!
- unexpected surprises: every chef is a biz owner, they are entrepreneurs, they have great biz advice
Recipe for success?
Just start recording, you might not love your fist episodes
Find a community of podcasters
Hope you enjoy the show!
Find Lauren and Lauren’s chat below!
Lauren Ramsey is digital storyteller and promoter of brands, brands, and individuals through Betsy Bash, a boutique social media agency and Lauren Ignited, a Lifestyle Magazine for the Culturally Curious. She has worked with million dollar consulting firms and well-known brands like Disney Corporation, notable up and coming restaurants and bars such as BB’s Cafe and The Flat in Houston, Texas, and has interviewed bands such as Sergio Mendes, Iration, The Wailers, and Tortured Soul. You can see and hear interviews with musicians, chefs, and discover culturally curious events on LaurenIgnited.com and on the Chef’s Coast to Coast podcast.
Notable Quick Facts about Lauren:
- She has lived in 5 countries and visited 30 countries across 4 continents
- She received her Bachelors of Business Administration from The University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas with a double-major in Business and Management Information Systems and a Philosophy minor
- She is a Social Media & Branding Coach, Writer, and Podcaster
- She worked for the Disney Corporation for 5 years and hosted a Radio Show on Radio Disney
- She is a live music fanatic
Dear Mattie Show, Podcast Interview, Winter 2016
The Creative Impostor, Podcast Interview, Fall 2016
The Eric Olson Show, Podcast Interview, Summer 2016
Lessons Learned from Women at the Top
Social Media Links:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Newsletter (sample) | Web
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Newsletter (sample) | Web
Chefs Coast to Coast:
iTunes | Google Play