How to Be a Relaxed Parent and Grow a Well Informed and Independent Little Person:
Check out the FB live/blog/or Podcast!
In this episode I am going to share with you how I am MOST OF THE TIME a super cool relaxed parent who trusts in her kid.
Did you know that kids pick up on that shit?
Teach your kid be more independent
- Don’t force them to eat when they don’t want to
- Let them play and enjoy their mess.Relax, the toys everywhere and the messes are whats to be expected, you can train them later on in life
- Let THEM decide how they feel or what they want to do. ex. when they are cold or hot or hungry or not
- Let them choose their outfits
- Teach them important topics as early as you feel fit. ex. money, sex, drugs, divorce, ect.
Kids have a very strong sense of their intuition and its important that we allow them to use this power and trust in it because it will follow them through life
How to be a relaxed parent
- Don’t freak out if they lie around on the floor or get dirty
- Relax if they fall or get hurt
- Stop worrying about what everyone else says or thinks you should do
- Listen to your doctor first but don’t feel like you have to do exactly what they say
- Stop obsessing over numbers, stats and percentiles.
- Don’t obsess over nutrition because you will only transfer your crazy obsessive behaviors into them and thats what causes eating disorders and body image issues
- Let them decide most of the time, it lets them know that you trust in them and it helps you to take some pressure off
- Go out with friends
- take care of yourself first
Well that’s what I got for ya this week. Hope you got some value out of my experiences!!